3M Vinyl Tape 471, 06405 offers good solvent resistance for application protection and longer product life.
The tape's conformability and dead stretch properties are ideal for taping, wrapping or sealing many curved, convex, or irregular surfaces.
The rubber adhesive provides good adhesion to many surfaces for easier application and excellent holding strength. The tape delivers clean removal from many surfaces which helps reduce clean-up and labor costs.
Compatible with waterborne paints. 1/4 inch width (6.4 mm).
• Excellent for many lane and safety marking applications. When used with an applicator like the M-77 dispenser, 3M Vinyl Tape 471 can be quickly applied to define storage and safety areas. The fact that 3M tape 471 tape is quickly and cleanly removed in most cases makes it a faster, more versatile and less costly option than painting. Using tape for lane marking instead of painting also eliminates the need to ventilate paint solvents from an open area.
• Because they have low leachable halogens and sulfur, 3M Vinyl Tapes 471 and 4712 can be used in corrosion sensitive applications like the nuclear and stainless steel industries.
• Printed 3M tape 4712 can extend the range of 3M tape 471 for color coding by allowing multiple colors or identification on one tape.
• 3M tapes 471 and 4712 stretch to seal canisters and other storage containers that require a tight seal.
• Vivid colors of the tapes make them ideal for color, coding and decorating.